Diagnosis Mesothelioma, The best way to ensure adequate care is through a rapid diagnosis. Since a long latency period and symptoms of other common diseases can be difficult to diagnosis mesothelioma. Life expectancy is based on rapid diagnosis and immediate treatment, so make sure your doctor knows if you’ve been exposed to asbestos, the primary cause of mesothelioma.
Diagnosis Mesothelioma, before a treatment plan can be implemented, an evaluation of their symptoms of mesothelioma and a complete physical examination should occur. This review / Diagnosis Mesothelioma may include:
- X-rays of the chest or abdomen
- Lung function tests
- CT (CAT) scan
- PET scan
- Medical history
- Information regarding asbestos exposure
A blood test can determine whether the protein osteopontin is elevated. This test is often used in the treatment plan to determine the progress of mesothelioma.
Fluid and tissue samples used to determine whether cancer cells are present. If so, are special tests to diagnose cancer mesothelioma asbestos. The test steps are necessary to give your doctor the best information on your mesothelioma diagnosis and prognosis of survival.
Examples of tests on samples of tissues and fluids include:
- Removal of fluid in the chest, abdomen, or heart areas
- Thoracoscopy – inserting a video camera in the chest to take a tissue biopsy or fluid
- Laparoscopy – inserting a video camera in the abdomen to take a tissue biopsy or fluid
- Thoracotomy – surgery to remove a larger tumor sample from the chest cavity
- Laparotomy – surgery to remove a larger tumor sample, or the entire tumor, from the abdomen
- Bronchoscopy – inserting a lighted tube to determine if there are masses in the bronchial airway. Small samples of tissue can be taken for testing.
- Mediastinoscopy – inserting a lighted tube under the sternum into the chest to view the lymph nodes and take samples for testing.
Mesothelioma often seems to other cancers, making it difficult to diagnose without specific tests. One of the immunohistochemistry test, looking for different proteins on the cell surface, and can determine if the cancer is lung cancer or mesothelioma.
Analysis of DNA microarrays is a most recent test, a look at the genes of cancer, which is useful for the diagnosis of mesothelioma, because it has a different genetic pattern as the other types of cancer. Diagnosis Mesothelioma.
Another tool to diagnose mesothelioma is an electron microscope. Because it can increase the samples of more than 100 times higher than the optical microscope, separated from the cancer cells can be seen to set up other types of cancer, mesothelioma.
Mesothelioma Survival requires diligence on the part of both patient and physician. Make sure your doctor knows if you have worked in a profession where asbestos was used regularly, periodic reviews, and learn about risk factors and symptoms of mesothelioma. Diagnosis Mesothelioma
Posts Title Diagnosis Mesothelioma
Related to Diagnosis Mesothelioma